UnderGround Forums Favorite strikers at the moment?

7 days ago
7/27/11

For me, Rafael Fiziev has some of the cleanest kickboxing in the game rn. Love his his head movement is just unreal. 

Obviously Masvidal, Izzy, and Volkanovski are up there too - even though they didn’t look too great in their previous fights. 

What about you guys? Whose game really impresses you and why?

7 days ago
2/18/20

Masvidal and Conor are tied as favorites.

Izzy is a close second.

7 days ago
5/14/08
Mounir Lazzez was really fun to watch a few weeks ago. That was my first time seeing him and Im looking forward to seeing more of him.
7 days ago
2/9/09

I personally enjoy Wonderboy and Calvin Katter

7 days ago
7/27/11
Submissable - Mounir Lazzez was really fun to watch a few weeks ago. That was my first time seeing him and Im looking forward to seeing more of him.

He smoked Alhassan right? 

I remember a few weirdos saying he was future champ material, Lazzez just tooled him up haha

7 days ago
7/27/11
Bend The Knee -

Can’t believe I forgot those two. 

Calvin against Ige was just beautiful to watch. 

Don’t get me started on Wonderboy, his fight with Luque was one of the most flawless performances I’ve ever seen. That drop back cross he threw from southpaw...ugh

7 days ago
7/27/11
On a SideNote -

Masvidal and Conor are tied as favorites.

Izzy is a close second.

I feel like I learn so much from watching Izzy and Mas. Conor too.

I fight orthodox, but the principles Conor relies on can be implemented by anyone, anywhere.

7 days ago
9/12/10

Kattar. He carefully picks his power shots, goes to the body and counters well. 

7 days ago
3/13/02

Izzy, and Calvin Kattar

7 days ago
6/26/17

Brock Lesnar 

7 days ago
5/14/08
Uhtred Ragnarson -
Submissable - Mounir Lazzez was really fun to watch a few weeks ago. That was my first time seeing him and Im looking forward to seeing more of him.

I remember a few weirdos saying he was future champ material, Lazzez just tooled him up haha

Yeah. Lazezz had some great elbows and knees in that fight. Watching it, all I could think was how under utilized they are in MMA. He used them so well. 

7 days ago
2/9/09
Uhtred Ragnarson -
Bend The Knee -

Can’t believe I forgot those two. 

Calvin against Ige was just beautiful to watch. 

Don’t get me started on Wonderboy, his fight with Luque was one of the most flawless performances I’ve ever seen. That drop back cross he threw from southpaw...ugh

Id love to see him fight Leon Edwards next. Wonderboy is getting older, wish he was more active 

7 days ago
1/1/06

Luque is a brutal striker and I love to watch his Dutch of kickboxing. Not good for the longevity though. Eloev looked to have clean and crisp striking in his recent win against an incredible wrestler in Grundy. 

7 days ago
3/17/14

Usman, his foot striking is unparalled 

7 days ago
3/2/12

Tanner Boser looks really good his past 2 fights compared to ones before.. He seems much more finish-oriented now

Paulo Costa, i love the aggression

Muslim Salikov, big fan of the traditional kung fu.... his spinning back kicks and leap-in left hook are awesome

Geoff Neal, clean as fuck fundamentals, powerful and well conditioned athlete. Dark horse with loads of potential.

Weili Zhang, similar reasons to Geoff Neal except not a darkhorse as shes the champ. Plus finger pistols.

Khabib, odd pick but I really enjoy watching him strike because of the grappling fear he instills in people. The way he was able to catch Conor and KO Tavares were things of beauty

and as already mentioned, I am big on both Fiziev and Mounir Lazzez. they both looked fantastic in recent outings.

7 days ago
7/27/11
SHOGUN250 -

Tanner Boser looks really good his past 2 fights compared to ones before.. He seems much more finish-oriented now

Paulo Costa, i love the aggression

Muslim Salikov, big fan of the traditional kung fu.... his spinning back kicks and leap-in left hook are awesome

Geoff Neal, clean as fuck fundamentals, powerful and well conditioned athlete. Dark horse with loads of potential.

Weili Zhang, similar reasons to Geoff Neal except not a darkhorse as shes the champ. Plus finger pistols.

Khabib, odd pick but I really enjoy watching him strike because of the grappling fear he instills in people. The way he was able to catch Conor and KO Tavares were things of beauty

and as already mentioned, I am big on both Fiziev and Mounir Lazzez. they both looked fantastic in recent outings.

Ok I’m the first to say Khabib is the GOAT mma Grappler, but his striking is atrocious bro haha. 

it’s the threat of the takedown, combined with his next level athleticism that allows him to get away with that shit.

7 days ago
2/3/10

Cswoo

7 days ago
8/6/06

Fiziev's head movement isn't perfect.
Edited: 7 days ago
1/1/01

Poirier has amazing hands, and also a super savvy vet.

Conor of course is fun to watch.

Gaethje... just awesome leg kicks with great hands, very well rounded and is becoming smarter with how he fights.

Garbrandt needs to get to where Justin is, and hopefully he has with his new coach. He's great to watch. His fight against Dom was a striking master>

Edited: 7 days ago
8/6/06

Right now,

Bantamweight: Sean O'Malley, Cory Sandhagen, Kyoji Horiguchi

Featherweight: Shane Burgos, Calvan Katter, Zabit Magomedsharipov, Chan Sung Jung

Lightweight: Dan Hooker, Justin Gaethje, Brad Riddell, Magomed Mustafaev

Welterweight: Jorge Masvidal, Stephen Thompson, Tim Means, Douglas Lima, Robbie Lawler

Middleweight; Jared Cannonier, Robert Whittaker

Light Heavyweight: Jiri Prochazka, Thiago Santos

Heavyweight: Cyril Gane, Alexander Volkov, Tanner Bosser.  I'm sure there are more that I'll think of.

7 days ago
8/6/06
Uhtred Ragnarson -

To be fair, Alhassan looked softer than usual, and noticeably slower and less explosive. I think those rape accusations really took a toll physically.

7 days ago
1/24/16

Diaz boxing

7 days ago
2/9/09

Prime Aldo also, those leg kicks though. 

7 days ago
2/9/09
nrallen -

Luque is a brutal striker and I love to watch his Dutch of kickboxing. Not good for the longevity though. Eloev looked to have clean and crisp striking in his recent win against an incredible wrestler in Grundy. 

I thought Luque was a Muay Thai guy? Idk what Im watching lol

7 days ago
7/30/03

Zabit